The four (4) courses are offered via a simple-to-access website. The course materials are presented in a weekly fashion and participants will complete their assignments via the web.
- Course 1 – What it Means to be a WIC Leader
- Course 2 – Managing the WIC Mission
- Course 3 – Results-Oriented WIC Leadership
- Course 4 – Mission Critical WIC Initiatives
The benefits of distance learning are:
- Access the course at a time that is convenient for you.
- Course materials are intended to be downloaded easily. As you download and store the materials, they are available for easy reference. You only have to download the material once and you will be able to access it as many times as you would like.
- A course reader will be emailed in a zip file to all participants which contains supplemental reading from scholarly sources including WIC authors. Each course in the Leadership Academy will have a reader. Participants can save the readers as additions to their professional library.
- Weekly assignments are presented in the form of a blog. Writing and online discussion add value to the curriculum as these skills are essential for professional development.